Diet is crucial, exercise very important but chronic sleep deprivation will create more much havoc with your health and beauty and this makes sleep slow-age protocol number 1.
When I say chronic sleep deprivation many think I’m referring to too little or no sleep, well here’s the thing those of you who get around 5 – 7 hours per night are slowly but surely building up a chronic sleep deprivation.
Chronic sleep deprivation will set the stage for everything from weight gain to a weakened immune system creating symptoms and conditions like:
- Memory issues
- Trouble thinking and concentrating
- Mood changes
- Accident prone
- Weak immunity
- High blood pressure
- Risk of heart disease
- Increased risk for type 2 diabetes
- Weight gain, especially around the tummy
- Low sex drive
- Poor balance
- Gut dysbiosis
- And much more
If you need more information regarding the importance of a good night’s sleep, I recommend the book ’Why we sleep’ by Matthew Walker and no we’re not related.
- Set a ‘get ready for bed alarm’ 2 hours prior and begin to wind down
- Regular sleep and wake times also at weekends
- Latest 10pm bedtime
- Food absolutely latest 3 hours before bed
- Avoid caffeine after 12 middag.
- Avoid training after 6pm.
- Get minimum 30 minutes fresh air every day, preferably with sunshine.
- Careful with alcohol it disturbs sleep quality and increases phase 1 liver detox
- If you have to get up and pee during the night avoid drinking fluids 2 hours before bedtime.
- Take a hot bath with lavender and Epsom salts
- Careful with the blue light exposure from TV, iPhones, computers etc. – stop minimum 2 hours before sleep – use red light to counteract the blue
- Empty your head for thoughts by writing a diary or gratitude list or a to do list before bed
- Meditation or breathing exercises are also good for ‘brain clutter’
- Keep the bedroom cool during the night
- Listen to ‘pleasant’ audio books to help stop the ‘brain noise’ and aid sleep
Melatonin 60 minutes before bed
Zen sleep 60 minutes before bed
Peace tea during the evening
GABA 60 minutes before bed
Magnesium Glycinate 60 minutes before bed
Ashwagandha 60 minutes before