- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 carrots, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 – 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 1 – 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups kidney beans, soaked and cooked
- 2 cups chickpeas, soaked and cooked
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or less
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, Swiss or Cheddar
- 1/2 to 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Saute garlic, carrots, onions, and green peppers in oil.
- Add cashews, kidney beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, bay leaf, salt, pepper, raisins.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours, until thick and sticky, in covered pot or slow-cooker.
- Serve topped with Swiss or Cheddar cheese, sesame seed and cornbread